TERMS & CONDITIONS OF PURCHASE
CONGRATULATIONS on your purchase of a product from Interstate Five Components, Inc. (“i-5,” “we,” “us,” and “our”).
Please read these Terms & Conditions that shall apply to all product purchases by our customers (“customer,” “you” and “your”).
The term “product” shall mean and refer to any product purchased by you from us, including, but not limited to, any purchase from any retail dealer expressly authorized by us to advertise, market and sell our products.
I. Acceptance of Terms & Conditions.
Upon your purchasing a product from us you expressly agree to these terms and conditions of sale and purchase, unless otherwise approved by us in writing. All marine carburetor products are carefully and technically re-manufactured from automotive carburetor cores. All orders shipped to an address in the State of California are subject to applicable sales tax.
All prices, materials, designs, colors, components and contents comprising a product and included as part of a product, including its specifications are subject to change without notice. We reserve the right to change the shipping method suited to the product(s) ordered and the destination of the product package(s). Any shipment refused by you shall result in restocking fee in the sum of 15% of the product(s) purchase price. In the event you desire to change the original shipping method or destination you shall contact us as soon as might be practicable and you shall be solely responsible for any additional shipping or delivery expense.
We cannot guarantee our ability to redirect any shipment as our shipping carriers have their own policies, procedures and capabilities that are beyond our control.
No adjustment shall be made if the stated shipping method or destination change results in a lesser cost to us.
II. Product Exchanges.
Product exchanges are permissible as solely determined by us as provided herein, and pursuant to the terms of our limited warranty. In the event of an approved exchange, the product must be in its new condition and with its original packaging. You shall be responsible for a 15% restocking fee, plus any applicable shipping and handling charges for your sending of the product back to us, and for our return shipping to you. Prior to any exchange, you shall contact us to gain a return authorization number, which must be completed within 14 days of the verifiable date you received the purchased product. No exchange will be accepted by us without a return authorization number. Any product sent to us without a return authorization number will be refused. We are not responsible for your purchase of any incorrect or non-conforming product. You are bound to read all product descriptions carefully and to make your own determination as to the suitability of the product for your purpose. We welcome the opportunity to seek to answer your questions prior to any purchase, but we cannot and do not warranty the fitness of our product to any particular purpose. Carburetors, fuel injectors and fuel injection components, electric starters and computer chips are not subject to return or refund, but only exchanged as provided by these terms and conditions.
III. Limited Six-Month Warranty.
All of our products come with a limited six month warranty from your date of purchase and is solely applicable to the purchasing customer. The limited warranty cannot be transferred or assigned without our prior written consent. The limited warranty guarantees the product will be free from defects in workmanship and materials under normal use and service. If the product is found to be defective, as determined solely by us, we shall repair it or replace it, at our sole option, free of charge, including all shipping charges to ship or deliver a replacement product to you by the shipping method solely of our choosing.
To make a limited warranty claim you shall:
(1) contact us to advise of any purported issue and a gain a warranty authorization number from us;
(2) if approved, send the product to us referencing the warranty authorization number and enclosing a copy of your sales receipt for our verification purposes;
(3) cooperate with us as we examine any purported defect;
(4) be responsible for all costs and shipping charges to return the product to us, which are beyond the scope of the warranty. Exclusions from this limited warranty include, but are not limited to:
(1) the product has been intentionally or negligently abused, disassembled, modified or tampered with;
(2) damages caused by shipping, product misuse, misapplication, improper installation or maintenance; (3) damages resulting from accidents, contact with road hazards, racing engine use;
(4) electronic parts and engine parts;
(5) costs or expenses to send the product to us;
(6) any fee, cost, expense or charge for labor. installation, additional parts, bills or charges from dealers mechanics to “check,” “inspect,” “repair,” ”fix” or “adjust” the product;
(7) claims or damages relating to loss of time, work, pay or inconveniences. Our liability is limited to the value of the part based on the purchase price paid by customer. The limited warranty is and shall be void based on the exclusions stated above, or where our inspection reveals tampering with factory sealed adjustments, broken factory seals on screws, jets, plugs, etc.
WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO PROPERTY DAMAGE, PERSONAL INJURY RESULTING FROM ANY PRODUCT DEFECT OR MALFUNCTION, LOST WORK, REVENUE OR INCOME. We shall not be responsible for any product misuse, or improper installation, which could result in personal injury, property damage, violations of local or state laws and product wear or destruction. Customer user assumes all risks and costs associated with the product, especially as the product might be or is joined, attached or becomes a part of other mechanical items, parts and pieces. Customer understands and acknowledges the products can dangerous if not used correctly and as intended. Customer assumes all risks related to products. V. Miscellaneous. This represents the entire agreement between i-5 and customer and the terms and conditions cannot be amended or modified without the written consent of i-5. No representation or warranty, oral or implied, has been made by i-5 other than as set forth herein. I-5 excludes all other warranties, conditions, terms representations and undertakings whether express or implied.